John Oxley Local Business Facebook
As Surveyor General, John Oxley, made a close examination of the Tweed River and Port Curtis, and sources connected that investigation, principally the manuscript journal kept by Oxley, and the published ‘Narrative’ of John Uniaeke, who accompanied Oxley, From Oxley’s notebook in the Archives Office of New South Wales (location 2 /8093) the following extract is taken from the entry for... John Oxley Motors has been a family owned business since 1971, from our humble beginnings as a small car yard in Port Macquarie, we have grown to become your number one destination for pre-owned vehicles throughout the north coast of NSW.
Empire Theatre at Tweed Heads and the Capital BOAT HARBOUR
John Oxley Reserve. View larger map. Location. Ogg road, Murrumba Downs. Facility status. View larger map [PDF 330KB] Field names and numbers as per field allocation map. View the Sports Field Closures guidelines...This is a high quality, Thornproof Irish Tweed, suit style jacket. It is made from pure wool (the label says Genuine Irish Thornproof) in a black, grey and tan check pattern. It has leather buttons - 2 to fasten the coat and also one on each cuff.
Murwillumbah NSW Aussie Towns
However Tweed Heads is taken from the Tweed River, which was discovered by Lieut. John Oxley and named after the River Tweed, which forms the boundary between England and Scotland. By 1844, the first white timber getters had arrived, and the major changes were on their way. the global carbon cycle pdf 1988-89 Director, Tweed River Regional Art Gallery, Murwillumbah, N.S.W. and National Co-ordinator of the Doug Moral National Portrait Prize. 1989 Art Teacher TAFE, Murwillumbah, N.S.W. 1991 Resident Artist, ‘Artist in Schools’ Program at Maryborough State High School, Maryborough, Qld.. The life of samuel johnson pdf
EXPLORING THE LACHLAN Parkes Shire
- "Tweed River (New South Wales)" on Revolvy.com
- HISTORY North Bank Levee River Walk tweed.nsw.gov.au
- Indigenous Resources Online
- Billy Andrews from the Tweed River Region Version
In 1828, Henry John Rous explored the northern rivers of New South Wales, and one of them was Tweed river – he wasn’t aware that the river was already discovered by John Oxley and named it Clarence river. Below map was drawn after this explorations.
- In 1823, Lieutenant John Oxley discovered and sailed up the Tweed River, the log recording that the scenery exceeded anything they had previously seen in Australia. With the backdrop of mountains it was similar to the Tweed River in Scotland.
- HISTORY Tweed River - named after the Tweed River which divides England and Scotland, was first explored by John Oxley, Surveyor General of Colony of NSW, in 1823.
- The Tweed River flows through Northern New South Wales and was discovered in 1823 by John Oxley, an English explorer and surveyor. He reported that the scenery here ‘ exceeded anything I have previously seen in Australia ’ – and after this river cruise I can see what he was on about….
- A. Lomer & Co Panorama of Brisbane River from the Observatory c.1884 from the Lomer Photograph Album 1884 reproduction silver gelatin print John Oxley Library, State Library of Queensland
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Melba ACT, Ernestina ACT, Phillip ACT, Moncrieff ACT, Royalla ACT, ACT Australia 2683
- New South Wales: Stratford NSW, Koorainghat NSW, Claymore NSW, Redbank Plains NSW, Alpine NSW, NSW Australia 2016
- Northern Territory: Barrow Creek NT, Daly River NT, Barkly Homestead NT, Kenmore Park NT, Bees Creek NT, Herbert NT, NT Australia 0827
- Queensland: Kingston QLD, Bonnie Doon QLD, Leslie QLD, Haymarket QLD, QLD Australia 4029
- South Australia: Castambul SA, Waterfall Gully SA, Pooraka SA, Manna Hill SA, Moorillah SA, Eringa SA, SA Australia 5081
- Tasmania: Nietta TAS, Blackwall TAS, Devonport TAS, TAS Australia 7046
- Victoria: Manns Beach VIC, Mt Dandenong VIC, Emu Flat VIC, Gheringhap VIC, Castlemaine VIC, VIC Australia 3006
- Western Australia: Calingiri WA, Torbay WA, Postans WA, WA Australia 6063
- British Columbia: Harrison Hot Springs BC, Dawson Creek BC, View Royal BC, Kimberley BC, White Rock BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W9
- Yukon: Dominion YT, Calumet YT, Lansdowne YT, Paris YT, McQuesten YT, YT Canada, Y1A 4C3
- Alberta: Heisler AB, Hines Creek AB, Strathmore AB, Barons AB, Amisk AB, Spruce Grove AB, AB Canada, T5K 2J7
- Northwest Territories: Paulatuk NT, Tsiigehtchic NT, Salt Plains 195 NT, Nahanni Butte NT, NT Canada, X1A 7L4
- Saskatchewan: Estevan SK, Brock SK, Medstead SK, Drake SK, Kelliher SK, Albertville SK, SK Canada, S4P 9C8
- Manitoba: Dunnottar MB, Lac du Bonnet MB, St. Claude MB, MB Canada, R3B 8P6
- Quebec: Salaberry-de-Valleyfield QC, Stanstead QC, Hudson QC, Esterel QC, Port-Cartier QC, QC Canada, H2Y 6W1
- New Brunswick: Campbellton NB, Shippagan NB, Neguac NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H3
- Nova Scotia: Amherst NS, Bridgetown NS, Parrsboro NS, NS Canada, B3J 7S4
- Prince Edward Island: Mount Stewart PE, York PE, Tignish Shore PE, PE Canada, C1A 4N3
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove NL, Burgeo NL, Ming's Bight NL, Glenwood NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J1
- Ontario: La Salette ON, Metcalfe ON, Kincardine ON, Oro Station, Halfway ON, Jacksonburg ON, Dutton/Dunwich ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L2
- Nunavut: Kimmirut NU, Clyde River NU, NU Canada, X0A 1H8
- England: Oxford ENG, Salford ENG, Worcester ENG, Willenhall ENG, Batley ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 8A8
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 4H5
- Scotland: Dundee SCO, Dundee SCO, Livingston SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Dundee SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 9B3
- Wales: Newport WAL, Newport WAL, Barry WAL, Wrexham WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 9D2